Difference between revisions of "Paiste Hi-Hat"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to the Cymbal Type Portal
Latest revision as of 09:22, 3 December 2019
Series - Sizes
- Dixie - 13" 14" 15" 16"
- Formula 602 - 14" 15"
- Formula 602 Modern Essentials - 14" 15"
- Giant Beat - 14" 15" 16"
- RUDE - 13" 14" 15"
- Signature Precision - 14"
- Stambul - 13" 14" 15" 16"
- Stambul 65 - 13" 14" 15"
- Twenty - 12" 13" 14" 15"
- 2002 - 13" 14" 15"
- 1000 RUDE - 14" 15"
- 802 - 13" 14"
- 502 - 13" 14"
- 402 - 13" 14"
- 400 - 14" 15"
- 400 Colorsound - 14" 15"
- 200 - 14"
- HI-HAT. Paiste Hi-hat cymbals are well known for their good sound characteristics. Particular care is taken to match them for sound at the final control. They are therefore delivered in matched pairs. During production of Hi-hat cymbals special attention has been paid to the fact that the sound of the two cymbals should mix well. The bottom cymbal is rather thick which gives the Hi-hat a bright sound. The top cymbal approximately corresponds to a MEDIUM, and responds easily to stick-work. This combination gives you all the specific features that you expect from your Hi-hat. The cymbals are tuned in two different pitches. This matching gives a full clear sound. Generally, 14" Hi-hat cymbals are used, but 13" and 15" are also popular and very occasionally 12" and 16". (6)
- Rich, warm, lush, deep. Wide range, complex mix. Giving and responsive feel. Broad, warm open sound. Compact, lush chick sound. Extremely versatile hi-hat, perfectly suited for dynamic, articulated playing in a wide range of styles.
Weight medium top / medium heavy bottom Volume low to loud Stick Sound soft, meaty Intensity lively Sustain medium Chick Sound full, tight (8)
- “They are just chunky enough, but not overpowering. They are a little more chocolaty than the classic 602s”, describes Vinnie Colaiuta. (8)
- Mellow, warm, yet brilliant with a hissing shimmer. Medium range and fairly clean mix. Warm, light and woody open sound, paired with a well defined, soft chick-sound. A very classic hi-hat for multi-purpose application in different musical genres. Weight medium thin top / medium heavy bottom Volume soft to medium loud Stick Sound defined Intensity medium lively Sustain medium Chick Sound soft, tight (7)
- Very strong closed Hi-Hat sound, especially when played hard with heavy sticks. (1)
- RUDE Hi-Hats deliver crisp and precise timekeeping in situations where other Hi-Hats are lost in the sound of the band. The closed sound is particularly cutting and the open sound is full-bodied and aggressive. (2)
- Raw, dry and funky with pronounced stick and trashy open-closed sound. Cuts well in loud situations while having a versatile use, depending on the player's touch. (3)
- Medium bright, raw, full, energetic. Wide range, complex mix. Heavy, full feel. Raw, full, loud open sound. tight, full, cutting chick sound. Versatile, all-round hi-hat for loud playing. Weight medium top / heavy bottom Volume loud to very loud Stick Sound pronounced Intensity lively Sustain medium Chick Sound tight, full (5)
- Bright, warm, brilliant. Wide range, clean mix. Balanced feel. Lush, strong open sound with a defined, clear chick sound. Extremely versatile hi-hat for a wide range of musical styles and applications.
Weight medium top/heavy bottom Volume medium low to loud Stick Sound dry, fairly defined, warm Intensity lively Sustain medium Chick Sound full and defined (8)
- Crisp, full, fiery, silvery with a dark edge. Fairly wide range, fairly clean mix. Tight and very responsive, giving feel. Full, bright, yet warm and powerful open sound. Tight, “electric” chick sound. A very dynamic hi-hat for almost all styles in studio applications and live performances. Weight medium heavy top / heavy bottom Volume medium low to loud Stick Sound crisp, meaty, pronounced Intensity lively Sustain medium Chick Sound crisp, peppery, tight (7)
- Medium pitched with strong projection. Fine definition when played closed (perfect for 16th note patterns). Great sizzle sound when played slightly open.(4)
- Well balanced overall sound with solid chick and a warm, musical open-closed sound. A good all purpose hi-hat.(3)
Return to the Cymbal Type Portal
- 1980 PAISTE RUDE Leaflet
- early 80's PAISTE RUDE Leaflet
- 1998 PAISTE.com
- Mid-1980's 200 Leaflet
- 2001 PAISTE catalog
- 1969 PAISTE catalog
- 2009 PAISTE.com
- 2019 PAISTE.com